Press Release by Escambia County
Be Ready Alliance Coordinating for Emergencies (BRACE) is Escambia County’s lead organization for disaster volunteers and donations. BRACE urges residents who are willing to volunteer for COVID-19 emergency, and future disasters, to register to assist with the response by navigating through the BRACE website, www.bereadyalliance.org. On the home page of the website, residents can click on the Volunteer Connect button.
Organizations can register on Volunteer Connect to post volunteer needs in response to COVID- 19 through volunteer.volunteerflorida.org/new-organization-registration.
Organizations can learn to utilize Volunteer Connect by registering for upcoming Volunteer Connect webinars through volunteer.volunteerflorida.org/training.
- Volunteer Connect – Quick Basics Webinar, Tuesday, March 31 at 1 p.m.
- Volunteer Connect Features During Grey Skies, Wednesday, April 1 at 1 p.m.
- Virtual Volunteer Opportunities 101, Thursday, April 2 at 1 p.m.
For more information, contact BRACE at [email protected] or 850-516-2252.
- Please check our Facebook and website for updated information. We are still contacting employers and sharing their needs for extra staff to meet their goals in this crisis. The website also lists information regarding reemployment assistance.
- The drive-through and walk-up COVID-19 testing site at Brownsville Community Center, located at 3200 W. De Soto St. will be closed Tuesday, March 31 due to severe weather. For more information about additional testing sites, visit myescambia.com/covid19